Thursday, December 18, 2008

Breanna's 1 week old !!!!


Where has the time went ??? You would think that if you don't sleep much time would seem to drag on, but that's not true. I thought I would Blog for a minute while she was sleeping. We had her first Dr's appointment yesterday. Angie drove us in and Carried Breanna for me. Mark was going to catch some sleep and MOm has been at the Hospital with Grandpa this week. I called Angie and she was more then willing to help me out. (Thank you)

Everythign went good at our appointments. I am now staple free and everyday I feel better and better. At Breanna's appointment they said that she is in the 75 percentile. Which is nice. The girl has grown 1/4 of an inch in 6 days. Now she weighs 8lbs 120z.

When we came home from the hospital Bre was on formula and we were bottle feeding her to help get her tongue down in place. Working with the pacifiers and the bottle she was finally able to actually suck.(thank god) I really didn't like the idea of shoving a tube down her throut to feed her. Well when we got home are main concern has been to make sure she was continuing to eating. With the c-section I only have one chair that is comfortable to sit in and it's hard to get Bre in a good position to breast feed so needless to say that is not going good. Tuesday night we transitioned her to just my milk. Mark like's being able to feed her too so the pumping is working out. Hopefully we will get the nursing thing down and I will only pump when he is going to feed her. On thing that I noticed is that Breanna's not as gassy and smelly with my milk. Thank God for that. She takes afer Mark with the gas thing and it should be illegel to give those genes to such a beautful baby girl.

I am still trying to get my life in order. I feel like there is so much to do and so little time. Granted there are ALOT of things I can't do, but I'm trying to get all the things done that I can. In one day our house turned into Baby World that doesn't bother me but Christmas is a week away and all these things that we want to do with her for her first Christmas we are running out of time and energy to do it.
After Bre the main focus for me is Christmas.

I did want to THANK EVERYONE for your calls and concerns for us and the extra Help!

No comments: