Sunday, December 21, 2008

Getting ready for Santa !!!


We are supposed to be getting ready for Santa this weekend, but with all the snow we haven't been to town yet.I haven't bought anything yet. Mark stopped on his way home to pick up a few things I needed to try some new recipes out. I was feeling good the other day and so I made some Chocolate Chip and some sugar cookies. I figure I would make up some platters/ I also attempted to make a peanut butter cake but I t didn't turn out so good. That same day I slipped on something on the floor and every since then I haven't been feeling well. I just Jarred myself. Needless to say we will see if I get any more of my baked goods done.

As for Miss Breanna, she is good. I thinking I'm somewhat figuring things out. Slowly but surly. I do have to admit that the 2 things I couldn't live with out is the Boppy pillow and the bouncer. She didn't seem to be a big fan of the swing yet. The Boppy pillow is the only thing that allows me to get sleep. At night the only way I could get her to sleep was if I was holding her. Which meant I didn't get any sleep after 2 days of that I decided to put her next to me in the Boppy pillow. She is still laying on her back and she is secure. It works great. I'm afraid of her suffocating so I only sleep with a sheet and make sure there is nothing on the bed with us. Great idea until the weekend rolls around and we add Mark in the bed. We have been working on putting her in her Crib every time she falls asleep..instead of leaving her in the bouncer or holding her we carry her in and put her in the Crib. Hopefully by the time Mark is home with us again he can sleep in bed With me and she can sleep by herself.

1 comment:

Darcie Helt said...

Congratuations Mark & Melissa! She is beutiful! Sorry it has taken so long, both of my computers were getting fixed so I have not had compter at home only work. I only have enough time to read emails not to return them! I have both computers back now! Can't wait to see her in person! We didn't make it up to the hospital to visit, looks like you had a ton of vistors and Julian and Shelby are not good at visiting! When things settle a bit we will give a call to come visit! Merry Christmas!