Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My pregnancy in a Nut shell

As the end of my pregnancy is near I keep thinking back to the journey of the last 9 months.

I remember thinking it was going to take at least 6 months or so to get pregnant and how surprised I was to find out that I was. I remember saying how it couldn't have happened already. I was sick after lunch and On the way to Meijer to get the test I became Nauseated. Mark thought it was from my nerves. Until we walked into the bathroom together to read the result and seen that bright blue plus sign. I don't think I will ever forget the wave of emotion that came over me. I have never been so terrified, excited, happy and just out right shocked in my life. I just stood there frozen and crying. Mark kept saying "It will be ok" A phrase I have heard over and over through this pregnancy.

I have never felt as close to death as the first several weeks of my pregnancy. I know that sounds a bit much but when even water was making me sick I kept thinking I have 9 months of this crap. Mark kept telling me "it will be ok" as he was grabbing a cold washcloth or a new shirt for me. (Easy for him to say I thought) Finally, after I started the med's it got better. I felt like I kept graduating. One week it was ginger ale and crackers, then the next potatoes were ok to add in then chicken, and so on. It wasn't until the 4th-5th month that I could eat normal. By then I had already felt the flutters in my stomach and it was becoming all worth it.

Once we had the ultrasound and seen the baby move, I didn't care what it was I was just mesmerized by the whole process. I thought women that said that they enjoyed being pregnant were nuts. Now that I'm down to the last 11 days I understand why they say it. I don't love being pregnant by all means BUT it is an amazing experience. Knowing that I have a human being in my stomach that we made and have grown is just the most empowering feeling.I will miss the fact that she is safe (for the most part) inside my stomach. I don't have to stress about her getting a scratch, being to cold or the millions of other things that can happen in this crazy world.

I have really been trying the last few days to just enjoy the last stretch of this. I have heard that every pregnancy is unique and these are the last few days I can enjoy this experience. The emotions I felt when I first found out have now returned. I'm trying to focus and just go day by day. I want her here so bad and I wish that I didn't have to go through labor and that stuff. Just open my eyes one day and surprise the stork dropped her off. Nice dream...I know

No comments: