Monday, November 17, 2008

Still cooking the turkey...

Well, Thanksgiving is getting closer and I can't believe where the time has went. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love getting together with family and not having the stress of buying presents. We have been talking about thanksgiving and all the different ways you can cook a turkey. Roasting pans,turkey bags, paper bag,or deep fried. So many different ways to cook one but I don't think that it really matters as long as you get a day off have great food and great company.

Our little TURKEY is still cooking away. I'm waiting for the timer to go off so I can finally see her. Right now it looks like I have a 20lb turkey under my shirt. So we shall see if my stomach matches the main dish on the 27th or if it matches the Jello Desert. LOL.....

I have a dress picked out for her 1st Thanksgiving if she is here for it. My bag has been packed and in the car. The car seat is strapped in and ready to go and I am finally have everything ready at work. (after my false alarm I wasn't as organized at work as I thought, but now it's in place)
Mom and Dad are on call and ready for the big day. My mom, sister, dad and step mom are all planning on being in the waiting room on the big day. Mark is going to make some calls I'm sure. He says he doesn't like to talk on the phone, but knowing how he likes to brag I'm sure he will be burning up the phone's, but between a massive e-mail he told me he would send and MOM and Dad calling everyone I'm sure everyone will get the update pretty fast. Or at least I hope. We are going to be at Sparrow and they have a website so you can log on to for a peek at the baby picture. I could blab on and on about the baby so to another holiday...

As for Christmas, this year we are not going to buy presents for Christmas. We have been trying not to the last few years. I would like to get back to the true meaning on the holidays. It's nice to give don't get me wrong. I just think it's about spending time with loved ones, not spending time buying people crap that they don't need. I'm excited for it this year because of the baby. I can't wait to decorate and start family traditions. I want to go back to the days of my childhood when we didn't buy a bunch of gifts I just remember taking snacks to people and visiting and having a great time. I don't think anyone should work all month just to pay for there Christmas Spending. I do believe in helping others that are less fortunate. Let's face it who can afford it to continue to spend all this crazy money on Christmas. (Jesus was born in a manger not the Ritz Carlton.)

SO, if anyone is wondering what to get us this year DON't get us anything. Just spending time with family is gift enough. Everyone is so busy these days and nobody has time to get together anymore.I am going to probably do some baking for the holidays. I have been looking up recipe's and trying to get some ideas. My cake mix cookies have been going over really well and are really easy so I think I will make some of those.

We shall see how much time the little butterball gives me for baking. I have a feeling that when Mark is home my hands will be free until it's time to change the diapers or for her to eat of course. He would gladly feed her but he's not really equipped with the proper tools.

Well once again,it's past my bed time. I will talk to you soon. IN the morning we will be at 12 more days !!!!

No comments: